Green FLICA caspase 1 assay kit
Caspases play important roles in apoptosis and inflammation. ICT’s FLICA assay kits are used by researchers seeking to quantitate apoptosis via caspase activity in cultured cells and tissues. The FAM FLICA Caspase-1 probe allows researchers to assess caspase-1 activation.
The FLICA reagent FAM-WEHD-FMK enters each cell and irreversibly binds to activated caspase-1. Because the FAM-WEHD-FMK FLICA reagent becomes covalently coupled to the active enzyme, it is retained within the cell, while any unbound FAM-WEHD-FMK FLICA reagent diffuses out of the cell and is washed away. The remaining green fluorescent signal is a direct measure of the active caspase-1 enzyme activity present in the cell at the time the reagent was added.
Cells that contain the bound FLICA can be analyzed by a fluorescence plate reader, fluorescence microscopy, or flow cytometry. Cells labeled with the FLICA reagent may be read immediately or preserved for 16 hours using the fixative included in the kit. Unfixed samples may also be analyzed with Propidium Iodide or Hoechst 33342 to detect necrosis or changes in nuclear morphology, respectively.
1. Prepare samples and controls
2. Dilute 10X Apoptosis Wash Buffer 1:10 with diH20.
3. Reconstitute FLICA with 50 μL DMSO.
4. Dilute FLICA 1:5 by adding 200 μL PBS.
5. Add diluted FLICA to each sample at 1:30 (e.g., add 10 μL to 290 μL of cultured cells).
6. Incubate for approximately 1 hour.
7. Remove media and wash cells 3 times: add 1X Apoptosis Wash Buffer and spin cells.
8. If desired, label with additional stains, such as Hoechst, Propidium Iodide, 7-AAD, or an antibody.
9. If desired, fix cells.
10. Analyze with a fluorescence microscope, fluorescence plate reader, or flow cytometer.
- Reagent name: FAM-WEHD-FMK
- Target: Caspase-1
- Excitation/Emission: 492 nm / 520 nm
- Method of Analysis: Flow Cytometer, Fluorescence Microscope, Fluorescence Plate Reader
- Types of Samples: Cell culture
- Storage: 2-8°C
- Shipping: Ships overnight (domestic), International Priority Shipping